Areas of Practice
Destin, Florida, Attorneys
Working in Criminal Law, Real Estate, Business Law, Personal Injury, Estate and More
At Pleat & Perry, we work in a wide range of legal fields for people across the country, with most clients residing in or near our offices in Destin in Walton County Florida. Our wrongful death attorneys, criminal defense lawyers, business counselors, etc. each have a depth of understanding in his or her chosen field that is complemented by the breadth of experience in the firm as a whole.
Our primary practice areas are as follows:
- Association Law - Our firm provides counsel to a variety of condominium and homeowners associations and individuals with association law legal concerns, including litigation, claims of lien and foreclosures.
- Banking Law - Our firm represents several area banks in relation to commercial closings, collections, document preparation, foreclosure, and general counsel.
- Business and Commercial Law - We provide a wide variety of services to our business clients from assisting in selecting the type of organizational entity under which to operate, preparation of agreements, sale and purchase of businesses, obtaining financing and funding for business operations, to dissolution.
- Collection - We handle all aspects of debtor and creditor representation.
- Construction Law - Builders, contractors, liens and construction deferred claims.
- Criminal Law - Our lawyers have experience defending the rights of people arrested and accused of criminal offenses. We handle all types of criminal cases, including minor infractions and misdemeanors and the most serious felony indictments, such as drunk driving (DUI), drug possession, narcotics sales, theft and grand larceny, white collar fraud, embezzlement, sex offenses, arson, conspiracy, and violation of probation.
- Hurricane Damage/Oil Spill Insurance Claims condominiums/commercial/residential - Our lawyers can assist you when natural disasters strike.
- Insurance Law - We assist policyholders with consumer insurance rights and insurance bad faith claims.
David B. Pleat, Esq. and Amy A. Perry, Esq. have over 40 years of combined legal experience
- Land Use, Planning and Zoning – The firm provides private interests representation relating to land use, comprehensive planning, zoning, variances, special exceptions, conditional uses and code enforcement before local government agencies and its subdivisions, as well as post administrative litigation when indicated.
- Litigation and Appeals - Our firm represents and advises clients who are, or might become, involved in a lawsuit or appeal as a result of a dispute in such areas as personal injury and employment claims, contract disputes, and family law and commercial matters.
- Local Government Law – The firm’s lawyers provide services to Florida local governments, as general and special counsel, in the full range of local government systems.
- Malpractice - Our lawyers are experienced in professional malpractice law and can help clients determine whether or not malpractice has occurred where someone or something is injured as a result of negligence or misconduct of individuals in the dental, legal, medical, and other professional fields.
- Mediation/Arbitration Services - Partner Amy A. Perry, Esq. has attained the status of a Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator and Qualified Arbitrator and handles county and circuit court civil cases. Her mediation and arbitration services extend to Okaloosa, Walton, Bay, Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties.
- Personal Injury - Our Destin, Florida, injury attorneys represent people alleging a wrong or damage to their person, rights, reputation or property resulting from automobile/boating accidents, slip and falls, dog attacks, medical malpractice, wrongful deaths, defective products, infliction of emotional distress, intentional misconduct and negligence, and other incidents.
- Real Estate - Our law firm handles all types of real estate litigation, real estate and developer contracts, 1031 Exchanges, construction litigation, foreclosures, deed issues, reservation programs, and escrow accounts. Our Destin office can handle residential and commercial closings quickly and efficiently.
Please contact our lawyers to set up a consultation about your case. We offer free initial consultations in personal injury and criminal defense and do all personal injury work on contingency, charging no attorneys fees until compensation is recovered. For all other consultations, a consultation fee is charged by the firm.